Up in the Er

Feb 13

quote The only thing I HAVE to do is stay black and die.

African American proverb (via blackproverbs)

Love it. Ole’ Southern White Folks modify to “The only things I HAVE to do is die & pay taxes.” — Ironic because, how many ole white dudes you know don’t pay taxes?

Jan 28

quote The trouble is that, for women, being “nice” often translates into putting up with things we should never put up with. How many times has some creep sat uncomfortably close to me on the bus and stared me down, yet I’m too afraid to just get up and move, lest I offend him?

We smile when we’re harassed on the street or hit on by jerks. We laugh at sexist jokes. We learn that when we have strong opinions, we’ll be called bitches and that if we get angry, we’ll be called hysterical. When we say what we want, we’re called pushy or aggressive.

Part of learning “ladylike” behavior is about learning to smile politely when someone is being crude. Femininity has long been attached to passivity and to being docile. Men fight, women giggle and fume silently.

Women And Girls Don’t Need To Be Told To Be Nicer (via idioticteen)

I remember being about 15 and a guy on the street told some girl, maybe in her 20’s that she should “smile more” she told him to go fuck himself, and I was amazed, and liberated at the same time.

Sep 13
fuckyeahmexico:

vox populi

I’ve seen some good anti-Mexican-police graffiti but this is some GOAT graffiti.

fuckyeahmexico:

vox populi

I’ve seen some good anti-Mexican-police graffiti but this is some GOAT graffiti.

Aug 05

darkriku5:

My friend was walking and found this Godzilla toy in the Trash so he put a shirt on it, named him John, and then took him out to T.G.I. Fridays and then Dinner was on John. 

GOOD GUY GODZILLA.

Jul 24

fuckinrightchicago:

how to keep every detail of your private life private

a book by Sidney Crosby

Chapter 1: Be as awkward as possible in any type of social interaction.

Jul 20

quote Shut the fuck up. From me to you. Sweet bitch, cancel Valentine’s Day.

— Kid Fury.  I LIVE for this.
Jul 07

carry-on-my-wayward-butt:

walkingmyhellhound:

If I’ve learned anything from video games, it is that when you meet enemies, it means that you’re going in the right direction.

that’s really inspiring

Deee3eeeeep

May 28

softtitty:

70% of me is bad jokes and the other 30% is the hole where my soul should be

Who’s been writing my autobiography?

May 11

: realmarysue: freshtittymilk: “No one knows whether Hispanics will ever... →

realmarysue:

freshtittymilk:

“No one knows whether Hispanics will ever reach I.Q. parity with whites, but the prediction that new Hispanic immigrants will have low-I.Q. children and grandchildren is difficult to argue against. From the perspective of Americans alive today, the low…

I’m sorry sir, this is 2013, I believe you are looking for 1913.

EUGENICISTS TO THE LEFT.

May 09

nuestrahermana:

Please do not reblog this and delete the credit and article. 

Original content:

Nuestra Hermana’s WOC Photography Series: Zanele Muholi


In 1972, Zanele Muholi was born in Umlazi Durban. After completing an Advanced Photography Course at the Market Photo Workshop in Newton, she held her first exhibition at the Johannesburg Art Gallery in 2004. She most recently earned her Masters of Fine Arts degree in Documentary Media from Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada in 2009.

She worked as a reporter and photographer for Behind The Mask an LGBTQI African magazine tackling queer community issues and visibility. In 2002, she began FEW (Forum For The Empowerment of Women), an organization providing a safe space for black queer women to discuss and organize.

Her photographic work is deeply rooted in both exposing the issues affecting the lives of African lesbians, African women and the black queer community. Her photographic art challenges the usual portrayal of black bodies. Her work has addressed and brought visibility to HIV/AIDS, assault and the violent crime of “curative rape” against black queers. 

Her work is intimate, honest, raw and emotionally charged.

She has held 6 solo exhibitions and has been part of several exhibits. One of her most well known being her first solo exhibit titled ‘Visual Sexuality: Only Half The Picture’. She has received 6 awards and contributions including the Tollman Award for Visual Arts and the Casa Africa award for Best Female Photographer.

You can learn more about her and her work by checking her websiteHERE.

Check out the archives here

(Please do not remove this article/bio attached to this photoset. This series is written specifically to promote & educate about POC photographers/QPOC/POC issues.)

Gorgeousness.